PropertyCentral is owned by Intergalactic Property (Pty) Ltd, and hosts a website under the
The goal of this website (hereinafter referred to as “site”) is to provide you with access to a
network of real estate products/services and related links to meet your needs. Please read the
and conditions carefully before continuing use of this site. The below is the terms and
under which you may use this site or any related apps and services. By using this site the user
agrees and is deemed to have agreed to observe all terms and conditions of use, including the
responsibility to familiarise yourselves with any amendment or alteration affected. If you do
agree with the terms and conditions or amendments you may not use the services provided by this
AND PRACTICES WITH RESPECT TO THE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA COLLECTED BY INDUSTRIAL
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY
POLICY. PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING INFORMATION VIA THIS WEBSITE, AND TO OUR OFFICE AND ANY
PLATFORM USED BY US, YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, COLLATION, PROCESSING AND STORING OF SUCH
INFORMATION AND THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY
SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO THIS WEBSITE.
‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ as required by the context).
of Personal Information or data when you use our service and the choices you have
associated with that data. We use your data to provide and improve our service. By
the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with
as set out in the Terms and Conditions of our website as set out above.
The following words expressions and abbreviations shall have the meaning hereinafter
assigned to them:
‘service’ means the service(s) and/or products
provided on our website as advertised on the website by email or other
marketing campaigns under the same domain operated by the proprietor of this
‘Personal Information’ means data about a
living individual (you) who can be identified from those data (or from those
and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our
possession), such as your name, contact details, your company details and
service history. It may also contain information of your browsing habits on
‘Data or Content’ means data collected
automatically either generated by the use of service and providing certain
information or from the service infrastructure itself which includes
‘Cookies’ means small pieces of data stored on
‘Data Controller’ means the natural or legal
person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons)
determines the purposes for which and manner in which any personal
information are, or are to be, processed. <br>For the purpose of this
Content or Data;
‘Data Processors or Service Providers’ means
natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the data
controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to
process your data more effectively; and
‘Data Subject or user’ means any living
individual who is using our service and is the subject of Personal
How does PropertyCentral get your consent?
We obtain your consent when you provide us with personal information on our
Website, the various digital and other platforms and/or ways which we use to
provide our services and engage with our customers.
Further, we obtain your consent if we ask for your Personal Information for
secondary reason (such an example of marketing). We will either ask you
directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for
us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your
information, at any time, by contacting us
at [email protected].
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this Website you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your
province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province
of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor
dependents to use this Website.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you provide us with your personal information as set out in clause 3.1 above, we
the personal information you give us in order to provide our service to the user.
PERSONAL INFORMATION, DATA, LOG DATA AND CONTENT
By using this Website you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your
province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of
residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to
- While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally
identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
- Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone
number, location information, online identifier or other particular
- Your name if it appears with your other personal information or if your name
itself would reveal information about you.
- We may use your Data to make contact with you regarding your profile, research,
you with our newsletter, announcement emailer or promotional materials and other
information that may be of interest to you or us. You may opt out of receiving any,
all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or
provided in any email we send or by contacting us
at [email protected].
- You may be asked or be required to provide limited personal information in order to
enable us to provide certain services to you. We may store this information manually
electronically. We will only use it for purposes for which it was provided, if you
consented to it. Information provided will be kept for as long as necessary to
- We may also collect information about your computer including, where applicable,
address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and
report aggregate information to our webmasters. This information reveals nothing
personal about you. It is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions
patterns which do not identify individuals and allows us to ensure that content from
site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- When you interact with the Site or use our Services, our servers automatically
and store certain personally non-identifiable information (“Log Data”).
Log Data is collected passively and may include information such as your IP address,
browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the Site pages you visit,
search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users
accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be
different every time you log on. We use Log Data to provide you with the Services
pool it with other information to monitor the use of the Services, and for the
administration of the Services. We do not associate your IP address with any other
Personal Information to identify you personally, except in cases where we are asked
comply with a subpoena or other legal demand or where we suspect that there has been
violation of our policies, our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
- PROPERTYCENTRAL uses the Personal Information you provide in a manner that is
with access to and use of our Services, to help us improve the content and
of the Services and to better understand our users. If you contact us by email
the Services, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence,
may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your
to respond to you. In addition, we may use your contact information to market to
and provide you with information about our products and services and the products
services of our partners that we believe may be of interest to
you. OPT-OUT should you at any stage wish to no longer
receive such marketing information please send us an email confirming that you wish
to OPT-OUT from receiving marketing information to
: [email protected].
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as tags, scripts and beacons, are
pieces of code (referred to as cookies hereafter) that are stored on a device
mobile phone, tablet etc.) and enable us to personalise our and our clients content.
our website contains clear and easy to find information about our cookies.
Service and hold certain information.
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique
identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a Website and stored on your
Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track
information and to improve and analyse our Service to you.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is
being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some
portions of our service.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
- We do not support “Do Not Track” (‘DNT’). DNT is a
you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be
You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your
- USE OF INFORMATION AND DATA COLLECTED
We consider your information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are,
however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Information with
third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
- We use the collected data for various purposes not limited to the below:
- To deliver the services you have asked for. In other words to provide and
maintain our service;
- As a listing platform for the purposes of marketing it is understood that
contact information is provided to be displayed on the website for the
of being contacted by prospective clients, either directly or through
features. This information can be, but not limited to, name, surname, cell
number and email address, to be displayed for advertising purposes. Such
information, submitted for that purpose will be publicly displayed;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you
choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our
- To monitor the usage of our service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other
goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you
already used or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such
- Demographical and statistical information about user behavior may be
and used to analyze the popularity and effectiveness of this Website. Any
disclosure of this information will be in aggregate form and will not
- If you subscribe for data, news, announcements, alerts or any such
to be emailed to you from this Website, we will hold your details on our
database until such time as you chose to unsubscribe from this service. You
do this at any stage by selecting the appropriate option in the alerts
of this site;
- Personal information will not be sold to third parties, or provided to
marketing companies or other such organizations without your permission. We
disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty
disclose or share such;
- Furthermore, in connection with the operation, promotion, advertising or
marketing of our Services, we may provide certain of our partners (e.g.,
reward providers; etc.) with Personal Information (e.g., your name) and
content or information related to you, in order to access such information
information already in their possession. Please note: each time we provide
of your Personal Information to our partners, we only provide information to
these partners that is publicly available or publicly viewable;
- we engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide
services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance,
relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing
We will share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only
the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DATA
We will retain your personal information, content and data only for as long as is
extent necessary to provide our service and for research to comply with legal
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND DATA
- Your data, may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of
state, province or country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data
laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- Please note that we may transfer data, to the locations of our third-party service
providers’ servers and process it required or necessary.
represents your agreement to that transfer.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in
organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the
security of your data and other personal information.
- PROPERTYCENTRAL may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets,
including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition,
reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of winding up.
- DISCLOSURE OF DATA
- PROPERTYCENTRAL employs administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to
protect your information from unauthorized access. However, no Internet or email
transmission is ever fully secure or error free. We will make any legally-required
disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your
unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or
posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable
- the legitimate needs of law enforcement; or
- any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the
reasonable integrity of the data system.
- For purposes of research, we may disclose your data to relevant institutions for
- Legal requirements may require us to disclose your data, however, this is done in
faith and with the belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the proprietor of this
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the
- To protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
- SECURITY OF DATA
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow
best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed,
disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- PROPERTYCENTRAL takes the protection of its users’ personal information as
imperative to its operations and takes the following steps to ensure the security of
users’ personal information:
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access and
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer
for our record retention purposes
- All passwords are stored using a one-way SHA-512 hashed encryption
- PROPERTYCENTRAL uses a 256 – bit SQL (Structured Query Language)
encryption technology when processing your details. SQL encryption is the
- PROPERTYCENTRAL adheres to the SQL Server Databases standard when storing
processing data, the SQL Server standard is the industry standard.
- Having placed the aforementioned measures in place, PROPERTYCENTRAL , its
operators, employees and affiliates shall not be held liable for the loss,
misuse, dissemination, sale and or distribution of a user’s personal
information either by lawful possessors of such information or unlawful
possessors of the user’s personal information.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND LINKS
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose
your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they
provide to us.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities
are located in a different jurisdiction that either you or us. So if you elect to
proceed with a transaction that involved the services of a third-party service
then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which
that service provider or its facilities are located.
- Once you leave our Website or are redirected to a third-party Website or website,
- Links: when you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our
website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and
you to read their privacy statements.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you
click on a Third-party link, you will be directed to that party’s website. The
fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or
representation of our affiliation with that third party.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility nor liability for the content,
privacy policies or practices of any third party website or service.
Our services and/or business may change from time to time. We therefore, reserve the
and clarification will take effect immediately upon posting on the Website and other
platforms. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it
has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it,
and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with
Personal Information without his/her consent, he or she should contact us
at [email protected]. We do not knowingly collect Personal
Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has
provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our
files. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information
through the Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their
instructing their children never to provide Personal Information via the Services
without their permission.
consent to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in respect of any dispute
which may arise out of or in connection with the formation, interpretation,
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, amend, correct or delete any personal information we
have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us
at [email protected].